11/13/2008

At the Epicenter Lies a Turkey

and some sugar pumpkins, with a glare on the right side. one of these days I'll learn how to photograph oil paintings.


I'll admit this painting is odd. The pumpkins are sitting on a festive thanksgiving dish cloth. I was interested in painting printed cloth with objects on top. I struggled to find a balance between the pumpkins and the color of the printed turkey on the dish cloth. I think after seeing the final result, I might have toned down that turkey much more. gooble gooble.

and here is a work in progress photo of my living room, the epicenter of my life (after work):

1 comment:

Shelby McPherson said...

Love the room, love the painting. My Dad is an Artist, too. He lives in NY now, but we used to live in the City (SF).

Thanks for sharing!