Pages

10/16/2009

little experiments



For anyone who reads my blog, you might have noticed it's all over the road. There is a little of this and a little of that, some observational paintings, some from imagination. I feel like I have been on this directionless art journey, creatively lost in sketchbooks and other media for some time now - immersing myself in various schools of thought to see how it feels.

Lately, I am finally feeling like I'm coming out the other end with ideas that I am excited to bring to life. These tiny little watercolor experiments, which I did last summer, gel some of the ideas I've been thinking about - not completely, but just as little snapshots I suppose. I like the idea of archetypal characters, some realism, some stylized, and also a bit of fun with the format of painting. I think I prefer to work in oil, and I like the idea of making very small paintings. I am working on many more in my cozy art cave... self doubt abounds, but I try to just blow through that and keep working. I think it's good.

No comments: